Thursday, June 19, 2008

Recent Rides

Yesterday I rode the "Longest Wednesday of the Year" ride with Charlie et al at Golden Gate State Park. We parked at the Bridger (?) lot and rode Mountain Lion clockwise. Really fun ride, but super gnarly on the way down the switchbacks on the back side. I wimped out on 4 or 5 of the drops on the upper portion, but rode just about everything on the lower portion through the creek crossings. At about the 3rd from the end crossing, I went OTB and slammed the bike (and my body) pretty hard. The body will recover just fine, only bruises, but my El Rey has a tweaked derailleur hanger and a busted chain. We went to the Spot afterward, so I didn't get home until midnight. I was psyched to do that ride though it is a good mix of fear and exhilaration.

Single Speed ride at Betasso
Today I rode 2 laps of Betasso clockwise. It was pretty fun, but since I wrecked my El Rey yesterday I was on the singlespeed tank. I was starting to think I'm halfway in shape, but I am still a weakling when it comes to singlespeeding. I really struggled getting up the hills and feel like I might've slightly pulled my right hip flexor muscle. Somebody call the waaaambulance. Still debating what to do with the singlespeed. I guess I need to make it into a more versatile hardtail MTB since I don't have a working 2nd bike these days.

0 Comments: