Wednesday, June 04, 2008

June 2nd.

This was the epic day. Riding from Hanksville to Boulder and trying to have at least some fun riding was our goal. Ultimately, I think we made some poor choices and the ride ended up taking all day. I was on the road from 8am until 10:30pm. I got kinda tired and grumpy as the heat and time-in-the-saddle took its toll. Thanks go to Casey for staying flexible and pleasant despite my grouchiness.

Traffic and construction on US550 and over McClure Pass and from Carbondale to Glenwood ended up delaying us by at least an hour.

The route according to Google Maps is about 12:30 hours, so we really made fairly decent time overall. It would've been good for me to spend more time thinking it through before we chose a route.

I learned my lesson though and will be more careful when trying to avoid I-70 in the future.

0 Comments: